Sunday 30 August 2015

PASSPORT TO INDONESIA - JAKARTA

                                                    TRIP TO JAKARTA



The trip to Jakarta was quite an unexpected one. I boarded garuda airlines from Kuala lumpur KLIA airport. The flight was huge and I was impressed. In-flight entertainment, good food and beautiful airhostess.

The flight landed at soekarna hatta airport. There were taxis to take you to the city. My destination was South Jakarta. Soon I found an agency that helped me with the taxi service. He had 3 options for me.

Toyota innova for 2,78000 rupiah
Toyota Camry for 3,85000 rupiah
Mercedes Benz for 5,80000 rupiah

I took the cheaper one. It was a silver bird taxi. I remitted the whole amount at the airport office and boarded the taxi. After an hour I was dropped off at the hotel - best western hotel, mega kunnignan.

Mega kunningan is a posh area consisting of Expats and businessmen and there are lots of hotels in this area. The Marriot, Ritz Carlton, Somerset grand Citra, Manhattan hotel, Oakwood etc...
Best western hotel is situated near to ritz carlton. The rooms are small. Hardly any space , but great location to stay. The breakfast is ok. Staff are friendly and helpful


Evening i took a taxi to the mall near by. Amabssador mall which is connected with Carriefour with plenty of shops.

be sure to ask for BLUE BIRD taxi..the better one which is the most reliable among the current crop of taxis.

 look for the blue color and the logo of the flying bird.. that is blue bird for you. they have another sister concern called Pusaka...but this is better one.

Ambassador mall is walkable distance from Bestwestern and around 10000 rupiah if travelling by taxi. you can buy new sim from this mall.


No comments:

Post a Comment